Understanding the Bard

Purrfekt

Understanding the Bard

Post by Purrfekt »

I created this because, many times, when I join a group, they have no idea what my role really is. They just know I increase dps and make people run faster.

Puller
First and foremost, a Bard is the best puller in the game, hands down. With utilities like pacify, mezz, charm, fade, ranged 1pt dmg aa’s and snare, they have every utility any other class has for pulling and then some.

Crowd Control
The right bard can crowd control as good as a chanter. The only negative is their mezzes don’t last as long as a chanters. A must is having key bindings to cycle through mobs and with this you can keep 8 mobs mezzed easily enough.

Slows
Bard slows are just under Beastlord and above Enchanters at around 55%. This means they can fill the position of slower if one is not available.

Melee DPS
Bards can give out quite a bit of haste and offensive melee damage increasers, some of the newer Aurus and songs allow for both melee and caster, but there are still some songs dedicated to melee with as much as 70% increased Haste and 50% attack rating increase

Caster DPS
Bards can increase Direct Damage and Damage over Time spells, these are different songs so, depending on the group, different ones should be played.

Healer Increase
Bards can play songs to increase beneficial spells by 25%+ and shorten their cast time. This isn’t that noticeable unless the bard was in a group of healers for a raid. I believe the benefits to damage is better

Double Invis
Bards can cast an AA invis that gives lev, invis, invis vs undead and see invis. It only lasts 20 minutes, but I have never seen it ever drop and it’s the only double invis that I know of. It is great for breaks and running through zones.

Actual DPS
Bards can actually come in at the top of DPS charts if played right.

Tank
Bards are not tanks, however, they have a defensive discipline that let’s them tank for about 25 seconds. This has been something I have used while a Tank is being rezzed to save a fight in a large raid. Since bards are a plate class, they can tank a little better than casters and melee like Rangers and Rogues, but they are not sustainable as a real tank.

Overall
Bards have the ability to be very versatile and can alter their play, depending on the group makeup. They can replace almost every class with the exception of healer in most groups.
wiqed

Re: Understanding the Bard

Post by wiqed »

wiqed

Post by wiqed »

wiqed

Post by wiqed »

wiqed

Post by wiqed »